|Dale S. Recinella|
Northeastern University Press
Dale S. Recinella, author of The Biblical Truth about America’s Death Penalty (Northeastern University Press: 2004), has served for twelve years as a state-certified Spiritual Counselor and Catholic lay chaplain in Florida’s prisons. On behalf of the Catholic Bishops of Florida, in 1998 he began ministering cell-to-cell to the 365+ men on Florida’s death row and the approximately 2000 men in Florida’s long-term solitary confinement. He and his wife, Dr. Susan Recinella, minister as a team during executions: he serving as spiritual adviser to the condemned and his wife serving as a minister to the condemned’s family and loved ones. They also minister to the families and loved ones of murder victims.
Mr. Recinella, a magna cum laude graduate of Notre Dame University Law School (1976), is a licensed Florida lawyer and has taught international law in Europe at the undergraduate and graduate levels. His column about the death penalty and prison conditions, appears regularly in The Florida Catholic, the statewide newspaper of the Catholic Bishops of Florida, and received a Year 2000 Press Award from the Catholic Press Association. In 1997 he was named a University of Notre Dame Exemplar for modeling faith and citizenship in action and, most recently, received the Year 2001 Humanitarian Award from the Franciscan Alumni Association. He spoke at the 2nd World Congress Against the Death Penalty (2005) in Montreal on “Religion, Ethics and the Death Penalty”, has appeared frequently on worldwide Vatican Radio concerning the death penalty, and has extensively addressed audiences on the subject.
Events Dale Recinella, JD, M.T.S:
All events are free and open to the public. To reserve your space, please contact Ray Bilodeau at (603) 969-9177 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
· April 30, 2012 Community discussion at Sacred Heart Church, 2 Hough Street, Lebanon, NH, from 7:00 – 8:00 PM
· May 1, 2012, Community discussion at Berlin St. Barnabas, 2 High Street, Berlin, NH, from 6:30-7:30 PM
· May 2, 2012, Community discussion with students, parents, and faculty at Mt. Royal Academy from 9:00-9:45 AM
· May 3, 2012, Public Session at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics, 100 St. Anselm Drive, Manchester, NH, from 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM
· May 3, 2012 NHCADP Annual meeting at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics, 100 St. Anselm Drive, Manchester, NH, from 6:00- 9:30 PM.
Free admission and open to the public.
Sponsored by the NHCADP, Episcopal Diocese, Roman Catholic Diocese of Manchester, NH United Church of Christ Peace with Justice Advocates